Monday, June 24, 2013

Easy Outdoor Table Cover



It's impossible to find a pretty outdoor table cover with a hole in the middle for my umbrella -- so I made one for about $10.  Here's a photo of one I just finished: 


Measure your table -- mine is 42" across.  You want it to drape, so add at least 6" for draping on each side to the overall diameter (e.g., 42" + 6" + 6" = 54").  Then go find your perfect fabric! Also - many fabric stores will have plastic of various thicknesses -- Hancock Fabrics had plastic similar to a shower curtain for $3.99/yard.  Get some plastic to protect against rain if you want.  Luckily, both my fabric and the plastic was 56", so I only needed to cut one circle -- no sewing.  I drew my circles on both fabric and plastic simply by finding the mid-point of the fabric and drawing the circle with a Sharpie from the midpoint: 





I actually cut the fabric first, and then the plastic -- cutting both at the same time would be too bulky...


I then cut an "X" in the center for the pole to fit through......






And voila!   One custom table cover with a hole in the middle! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment